Monday, October 01, 2007

Hope Floats

(pregnancy mentioned)

That's right, I get to talk about my pregnancy, not a miscarriage.

I feel like a 7 year-old who just back from the zoo for the first time. Our u/s went great today... I was so happy I cried. Last night I was convinced that my pregnancy was over and went to bed crying. Woke up and 2:40 am and cried for another 2 hours. Even on the way to the u/s I was thinking about adoption. But by the grace of God I am sitting here writing about this instead. I never thought I would.

I know, some of you may be thinking, "Enough already, what happened?" so here it is... (if you aren't wondering, please humor me)

I measured 8w6d, the baby had a hb of 162, and is measuring 1 inch. This is a HUGE step for us as we have never made it past 7 weeks or moved onto a 3rd u/s. We got to see the baby move, the arm and leg buds, umbilical cord... the baby even did a little flip. He or she looked so big on the screen. It was just amazing.

The RE agreed to let me stay with her for another 3 weeks before moving into the world of "normals." I know that something can go wrong still, I am not a newbie. If something is to go wrong, I want to hear it from my RE not a u/s tech who has no idea what my history is.

I go back in 3 weeks for more labs, to check my immune system, and I will get another u/s then. I will be getting another IVIg treatment this week. I am still not accepting the "c-word" but I am still taking luck, prayers, and positive energy. We still have a long way to go.

Right now, here in this moment, I want to feel joy, happiness, and this quiet comforting solitude. For the first time, in a long time, all is right in my world.

"You just got to give hope a chance to float up." -Sandra Bullock as Birdee in Hope Floats

9 comments:

JJ said...

I love Hope Floats...and it sounds like you have a LOT of hope and good things goin on over there!=) So happy for you!

kb said...

I am so happy for you! That is great news! A milestone surpassed is a very good thing. Continued good and postitive thoughts coming your way! Take care.

p.s. love the Hope Floats reference :)

Dr. Grumbles said...

Congrats on such a great visit! I totally understand wanting to stay with the RE for a little while longer. It really is a completely different experience. For both of my miscarriages, I found out in a cold emergency room or OB office.

I really hope you don't get any bad news, but it is better to get it in a comforting environment.

Best of luck for your pregnancy!

niobe said...

What a fantastic visit and what a beautiful sight!

RBandRC said...

YAY! I am beyond happy for you that things are progressing nicely. I'll omit the "C" word, but I will be wishing you lots of luck, sending you positive energy, and keeping you in my prayers! HUGS!

Kim said...

I am so unbelievably excited for you!! I'll be sending major good thoughts and prayers your way. I am so glad that you had a happy moment after many sad ones.

Shakira said...

Ok, I'm a little late because of the flu BUT I'm so excited I think I peed my pants a little bit. Continue to break a leg and remember that we love you bunches and can't wait to hear from you. I'll go jump on the bed to share the news with the hubby...it will be like reveille.

Torri said...

checkin in on you, im so glad things are going so well!! i wish i could say the worry gets easier but it really doesnt, the worries just change. but try to focus on the positives to get through the tough times.

thinking of you!!
torri

Kami said...

YEAH! I hope it just keeps getting better.