Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our Plan (For Now)

After speaking with my ob I was able to leave the u/s with hope. Not much more you can ask for after an appt. like that.

We found out this pregnancy was just like our 5th pregnancy-- we lost the hb at 7w3d. I felt grateful. Grateful I never saw or knew our baby's beautiful little heart was beating. Discovering the loss of it after knowing would have been heart shattering while, at least now, it's only heart breaking.

It appears I am not going to miscarry on my own so I was prescribed some medications to help with the progression of the miscarriage. Right now, I suspect that it will be fairly painful and will consider using the Lor.itabs to help me cope.

It's one thing to cope with labor pains. Miscarriage pain is beyond painful. To go through something only to lose what you tried so hard to keep... well... I know the emotional pain, grief, will surely join the physical. I want to continue my avoidance of feelings and be 'okay'. (Sigh).

I have a follow up with my ob in two weeks. She has agreed to take a look at the info I found about the alternative to IVIg and will speak with me about it then. She believes that my problems are multi-factorial but that my greatest one is my autoimmune issue.

We are waiting to try again until we have our consult with Dr. Sh.er at SIR.M in the end of February. We are hoping and praying that he will say we can proceed with the Intra.lipid treatment.

I have conceded that unless I end up with twins, it's likely I will not get my third child. But I am refusing to give up on my desire for a second.

I will be as tenacious as the puppy with his new chew toy. I will not let go. Not yet.

11 comments:

Annie said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this yet again. (((hugs)))

JuliaS said...

I am so sorry. I have had 7 miscarriages and I know how devastating each one can be and how frustrating to be revisiting the same
awful refrain over and over.

My best wishes.

FattyPants said...

I'm sorry this is happening again. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Here from the L&F.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

So sorry about your loss. Hope and plans are good things.

C said...

I'm very sad for you and this loss...sad for what you're having to endure both emotionally and physically. While I haven't gone through labor pains, I do know that the m/c pain just plain sucks.

Good for you though, in sticking with the decision to push through with your dr.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

RBandRC said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I know that you will keep going and I will be with you through the journey. ((LOTS OF HUGS))

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry sweetie, but I'm glad you're a fighter. You'll get through this, and I'm hoping you get some answers. xoxo

Mrs.Joyner said...

This just sucks. M/C are the worst thing..but can I tell you something..Your hope gives me (and Im sure a lot of other women) hope. Just reading your last few posts has made me realize that all is not lost, that there is still a lot that can and will be done, if I trust the Him instead of me. Your in my thoughts and you have a new reader.

Rebecca said...

There are no adequate words, but please know I'm so sorry for the loss and pain you're having to endure, and hoping for a different outcome for you in the future.

sara said...

I'm so sorry..

Bob said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It was only 15 degrees most of the 3 days we were there supporting Jen and the other young ladies. (the only all-female team!)