Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Work Bummer

Well, I am a little bummed today. I got a job offer at a mental health agency about an hour from my house. It's a salary position so it would have been nice to have a steady paycheck. But due to all my dr's appointments they would have to take leave out of my check since I wouldn't have any built up yet. Paid family leave wouldn't kick in until I have been working there for a year. Then there is all the gas money and I would have to pay for my own supervision (to complete my licensure) so... I can't take it. After paying all those things out, I would end up breaking even with what I make at my contract job now.

I am bummed because I think that I would have really liked it. If only the salary had been more... (sigh)

And my infamous intern? Well, someone must have shown him the light. We had a meeting a week or so ago and he said all the things I thought. That he had to get better at his time management, not get hung up on the little things that he has trouble answering, and learn to pace himself. So I felt no need to add any more info to it. I do have to say he really does get hung up on stuff. I went over a section of the report with him, after he reviewed it himself. He pointed to one specific part and said he searched through all his paperwork and the Internet trying to figure out what it was asking. I told him to "keep reading the line", in the parentheses it explained what it was, which was a form he already had filled out. Genius...

I should be getting a different intern sometime next week. Hopefully, I have learned something from this experience and it will go a little more smoothly.

1 comment:

RBandRC said...

I'm sorry you had to turn down the job, but it sounds like you really thought out the decision, and maybe staying where you are right now will be the best thing. As for your intern...here's hoping you get a better one next time. It's so hard working with people that just don't get it. :)

HUGS!