Sunday, July 08, 2007

RPL: Diagnosis 101

Let's go over what was found last year, as Leah asked what has been done (thanks for caring Leah)...

Well, to sum it up everything but immune testing.

HSG (check) Looked good, slightly tipped uterus but nothing that should impede implantation

Thyroid panel
(check) Looked good

Clotting panel
(check) Not so good, Factor V Clotting Disorder (treating with Lovenox once I get a positive pg test)

Homocytine
(check) Not so good, it was elevated (I lowered from a 12 to a 7 by taking a complex B vitamin with extra folic)

Folic
(check) Not so good, I wasn't getting enough (I now take a prenatal the month I start a cycle that has extra folic and is more easily absorbed by the body)
FYI: B vitamins cannot work right unless you have the correct amount of Folic, they are inter-dependent on each other and no dr told me this. I discovered it after my 3rd loss through my own research

FSH
(check) Looked good, it was a 6

LH
(check) Not so good, it was elevated (FSH and LH ratio need to be close to 1:1, mine was 1:2)

Ovaries
(check) Not so good, lots of little cyst

Pa/Maternal Chromosomes
(check) Good, no translocations/ balance

Cystic Fibrosis (check) Good, came back negative

MTHFR
(check and re-checked) Good, came back negative

Diagnosis:
PCOS (elevated LH, cystic ovaries, long painful periods accompanied with anovulation and I carry my weight in the middle)

Factor V Clotting Disorder w/out MTHFR

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL)

My entire diagnosis puts me a higher rate of miscarriage than the normal person... well, I guess it's something!

2 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Wanted you to know that I'm hoping with you that you find peace.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this RPL testing. Though it sounds like you received some answers/solutions?

Grad3 said...

I wish that I had found some soutions... all this testing was done a year ago, after my second loss.

I am an unexplained RPL'er, my RE is saying it's egg quality now