Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Intersting Effect

I have a friend from high school who was pretty flighty. I love her but seriously, she didn't always act like the sharpest knife in the drawer. Although, it wasn't because she wasn't smart- if that makes any sense.

Another friend from high school was fairly defiant with her parents (i.e-sneaking out of the house with boys at the age of 12).

Both of them had children very young, before the age of 20. What amazes me is I have never seen two people as grounded as these two women are. They are amazing and they love their children dearly and are raising them to be good, honest people.

I wonder why children can't have this effect on everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this "effect" should have a technical name... it's certainly worked on my sister. She's done a complete 180 in the last 9 1/2 months. Shocked is the only term that comes close to describing my amazement with her mothering. She's incredible, and that wasn't always the case.

RBandRC said...

Its strange what parenthood does for some people and doesn't do for others. But I'm with you...I wish it could change everyone for the better. :)