This is a recipe that I made two years ago- it now has a cultish following.L's family requests it every year for Christmas, it was the only thing my SIL could eat when she was pregnant with her first. Last year, my ob (including her staff) requested the recipe when I made them for the office-- she actually asked me twice for it. I really thought she was just being polite the first time she asked- my bad! Now, my sister and dad ask for it each Christmas Eve. I have to make a double batch these days. The picture to the right is what the completed cookie should look like.
The recipe, Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies, was originally in this book. It has many great recipes, but try not to be alarmed about the amount of butter many of them call for :) This cookie and may others are great for any special (or non-special occasion). I hope you get the chance to try this!
So here it is---
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened coco powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 jar of halved marashino cherries (save the juice)
1- 6oz. pkg. a semi- sweet chocolate (pieces- I use bakers chocolate)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1. Beat sugar and butter together until fluffy
2. Add egg and vanilla- mix well
3. In seperate bowl- flour through salt- mix well
4. Shape dough into balls
5. Indent center (I use a 1/4 tsp to do this step)
6. Place half cherry in each indention
7. In a sauce pan- melt together tne chocolate pieces and sweetened milk. Once melted add cherry juice until spreadable consistency.
8. 1/2 to 1 tsp. of chocolate sauce on top of each cherry (cover the cherry)
9. Bake @ 350 for 13-15 minutes
Please share your favorite Christmas cookie-- Happy Baking Everyone!!

1 comment:
Mmm... Martha's "Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies." I bake them 9 minutes instead of 12 or else they'd be too crunch. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
Post a Comment