Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Your Title

So I was wondering how you came up with the title of your blog. Did you ponder it for days or did it just come to you? Was it an epiphany-- an "ah-ha!" moment? Or did you know the moment you started typing?

Mine was pretty straight forward---

I decided I wanted to start a blog because I needed to get out my emotions somehow while still being a little creative. I started to think about fertility and how I once heard a friend say it was "easy to become a mom"--- I thought "Ha! What a load of crap!"

While accurate, I didn't think that was the best blog title so here you have it--- Motherhood (the not so easy road)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yes. It's definitely not easy!!!

Leah said...

My ovaries suck. I envision them as something sort of like raisins. Or walnuts covered in dust. Therefore, I knew my blog title had to involve these sub-par ovaries of mine... hence the title.

RBandRC said...

I just felt like when it came to getting pregnant there were so many obstacles and uncontrollable emotions, hence my title. Funny enough, I thought of the title while leaving the RE appointment where I realized I had lost my twins. It was one of the few good things that came out of that day.

Anonymous said...

I was really into project runway, esp. Tom and Lorenzo's blog about PR, at the time when I started blogging about IF. "Project Progeny" just came to me I guess b/c of the alliteration. But I also really liked the title "The I Word" b/c I was (am) so in the closet about IF. So I compromised and used projectprogeny as the url, and "the I word" as the title, until I switched from blogspot to wordpress and changed the title to match the url. So, media/pop culture references pretty much directed my blog title.

Rebecca said...

Mine came to me fairly easily. We were a little ways into this nightmare, we had several diagnoses and no answers. I just felt kind of like a mouse running through a maze, trying to find the way out but just continually running into walls and never finding the exit. I felt like I was looking for a directional sign that read "This way to escape infertility" with a big arrow under it, pointing me in the right direction.

Unfortunately, it's been 6 years, and I'm still looking for the sign. But I've hit so many walls that if I was a cat, I'd look like a Persian one (with the flat face)... :-)

niobe said...

At the time I started my blog, I was (as if you couldn't guess) feeling lost and bitter and as if the universe had played some huge joke on me and everyone else was laughing at me as I cried.