Wednesday, February 11, 2009

El Stupid-o

I contacted my current RE's office for a copy of my file for my consultation at the end of the month. I also included on the disclosure that they should release my records from my previous RE.

(HIPPA guidelines do not allow for offices to release any information that they did not produce them selves.)

At the request of S.IRM I indicated that I wanted the file sent directly to me.

My current office contacted me to tell me there was a $27.00 fee for the release. After being questioned by the woman about what records I wanted I finally said, "I want a copy of the entire file." If I only wanted my 1st RE's records I would have just sent my request there, right? Right.

So what did I get today???? A copy of my very 1st RE records-- and nothing from my current RE's office.

Fuckwits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate dealing with stupid people. It drives me nuts to know that I would now have to call and follow up with the RE and probably talk to 47 different people and hoping one of them is competent enough to know what you want. I'm trying to get $5 back from our hospital education department because they changed our childbirth class. One one hand it's not worth it for the $5, but on the other it's the principal of the matter and it's driving me INSANE. Good luck!

C said...

Stupid ppl...ugh...maybe if you used "RE language" they'd have understood better: "yes, I need you to extract every file possible and place them in the mail so that they can hopefully implant themselves in my mailbox in a timely manner." Stupid ppl...sheesh.

Dan & Hillary said...

I've found that the 'front desk' of my OB's and RE's are the most inept people I've met. They are more concerned about their lattes than anything else. Sounds like you'll have to oversee the photocopying!