I have made a new mom- friend through a local mothers group I go to. She has a little girl 3 months younger than Lil' P.
When we started to talk about pregnancies, the challenges of motherhood, and our husbands it naturally led back to how it all started.
I think that I am open about my fertility issues for two reasons:
1) If there is another woman out there I want her to know that she can connect with someone if she wants, who will not say all the stupid things that we here.
2) I feel like by not saying something I am ashamed of my past/ present (it makes no sense but there it is)
After telling her our struggles (including the most recent) she said, "You are very brave."
I could only respond with, "Thank you but I don't feel that way---is there anything that you wouldn't do for your little girl?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are very brave, and I think you made a great decision to step out in faith to talk to her about it.
Good job ((hugs))
I'm open about my struggles for the same reason and I am always surprised to find out just how many others are out there struggling too.
I think you're brave as it takes a lot to share something so personal and to do it for genuine reasons. ((HUGS))
Yes, it is definitely bravery.
One of my bosses once told me how courageous she thought I was because of all the infertility stuff. I told her I didn't think it was courageous at all, because it wasn't something that we chose - it was just something that happened to us, and we don't really have a choice but to deal with it.
She looked at me and said, "Sometimes, just the simple act of choosing to get out of bed and face another day in light of everything you're going through takes a tremendous amount of courage." I hadn't thought of it that way before.
I'm open about my struggles too for the same reasons. I'm also so sorry about your recent loss. I've been there a few times as well, but I look at my 8 year old daughter and how wonderful she is and it kept me going. (((Hugs)))
Post a Comment