Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Bearing Witness

I wish I could explain the swell of emotions that came to me this past week. It was an endless variety while some the same but in varying degrees.

Sadness, pain, and death are difficult to witness. The ability to quietly sit with someone when they are at one of their most vulnerable moments in life-- it's not easily done by many. Even by people who make it their trade.

I just wanted to say thank you for bearing witness with me. You were willing to read the words, filled with tears and pain, of my loss-- and stay with me. Offering words or comfort while acknowledging that there is really no such thing. I know that some of you will continue to hold my hand while I strive for our second child and I cannot begin to express my gratefulness.

Thank you for being with me on my journey.

4 comments:

RBandRC said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with honesty and beauty. ((LOTS OF HUGS))

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of it.. Keep your head up girl.. It's got to somehow get easier! (At least that's what I tell myself!

Sherry said...

It's us who should be thanking you for sharing with us - in such a real, raw way.

I think of you often, and am sending healing thoughts and hugs your way. I still am so sorry you are walking down this road in this way . . .

Shakira said...

You know I read your blog but don't often comment. (We've talked about it before.) Remember you can always call and I am always crying with you.
Love you bunches and will be seeing you soon!