So I have been swamped with work (I am taking on more to try and cover the car payments).
LP has decided to stop napping despite being e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. and cries for (literally) an hour(s) at a time. So the only time I have to work is after 8pm when L is home and puts him to bed.
This is not just a cry- that's too mild. It's a bone-chilling-oh-my-god-save-me-something-is-eating-me-shrill-cry.
He cries when I hold him.
He cries when I put him down.
He cries when I try to feed him.
He cries after I have given him M.otrin.
He cries after gas drops.
He wakes up the instant I put him down in the crib (despite be sound asleep seconds before) at both nap time and bedtime.
He was sleeping solid through the night (after we did the modified CIO) for about 3 months!
Now, we are back to square one.
Is it because he is walking?
Because he is about to turn one?
Is it separation anxiety?
A combination?
I swear I am about to shoot myself. Help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, I'm fairly certain (according to my book) that they go through another wonder week around the one year mark (sometime between weeks 46-52). I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.
I hope that whatever it is it gets better VERY SOON. No sleep is not fun. At all. 9 months of it has made me an involuntary expert! :P
((LOTS OF HUGS))
I wish I knew the answer :-( Hugs.
Is there a chance it could be teething or an ear infection? I'm no expert, but never hurts to check it out:-)
once they become more mobile they get a little needier for a while. it should pass in a bit :) My daughter started walking at nine months and she had been sleeping through the night for a few months before that. After the walking she didn't sleep that well for the next month or so.
Oh and right around her first birthday she dropped her 2nd nap. it was a tough few weeks but we both adjusted. I hope that helps?? Your son is adorable!!
Post a Comment