I am annoyed. And hurt.
My sisters and I planned to have family pictures done, with my dad, as his birthday present. This has been planned for two months. We told him to schedule something for that day but didn't tell him why- it was going to be a surprise. We were going to tell him this weekend at the family birthday celebration (which K is attending- K is his new girlfriend for those just tuning into the chaos that is sometimes my life).
We scheduled it for a day that was less than ideal because it was the only time we were all available. The actual day of the pictures was going to be difficult for a number of reasons...
1. These would be the first pictures of our family without mom.
2. The pictures would be taken one day after the anniversary of her death.
3. The pictures would be taken two days after what would have been her 62nd birthday.
He forgot and scheduled a trip. Plane tickets are bought.
This is so typical of my dad and I know- I know!- that he hasn't even put the dates together in his head yet. But that's not what stings...
He is scheduled to leave, the day of my mom's birthday, to go visit K's family.
Niiiiice Dad. Nice.
What makes me feel even more guilty? Is continuing to feel so hurt and annoyed, at both him and K, knowing that she has no idea what-so-ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry your dad was so thoughtless in so many ways. And I'm just catching up on your blog, and am very sorry to hear that you've lost your mother. There are no words for that kind of loss.
Post a Comment