It's funny to me how a 5 month old (which he is today!) can already have a life event.Not only was it a life event but the occasion of where it occurred seems to have greater and greater family significance as the life that L and I have created continues.
Lil' P was baptized last month in the same church that L's parents were married in, that my parents renewed their vows in, and that L and I were married in.
I couldn't help but tear up as I held Lil' P in my arms standing next to L. 4 years and 1 month, to the exact day, L and I stood on the same alter and took our vows to become man and wife. For better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and health... and in our first 4 years together I feel like we have faced it all. So many things have had happened in our first 4 years of marriage that most couples don't face in their first 10- but we were lucky and our challenges brought us closer together. In it's own way, I consider that in it's self a miracle- our first miracle.
And there we were, blessed again, holding our second miracle. We were making the promise to God that we would make sure that Lil' P had a relationship with Him, know His love and that we, along with our church and family, would raise him to be a good person. Lil' P, our little earth baby, allowed us to speak for him that day. I felt so humbled, so grateful.
The sermon that day was about the "Anatomy of Miracles". The minister said that nowhere in the Bible is there a miracle that occured that was not directly linked to a problem.
So, if you have a problem it's a good thing- today might be your day to experience a miracle.

4 comments:
What a cutie he is. I love that picture. :) ((HUGS))
I never thought of miracles as in relation to a problem. Profound. Thanks for sharing.
Aww, so sweet. And what a miracle Lil P is=)
That's a lovely post - I'm so glad all your trials brought you closer to L. That shows such a strong marriage - you two should be very proud. And yay, Lil' P - a big day!!!!!
Post a Comment