Thank you to all who posted-- I had no idea that so many people stopped by my blog or maybe there were some first timers in there (not that it matters). All the warmth and positive energy you sent warmed my heart. Thank you.
Guarded is the best word to describe how I am emotionally right now.
Before I tell you what my number was I want to tell you briefly about my first pregnancy. The one that started my RPL rollercoaster. When I got a positive pregnancy test and called the doctor, like many of us do, they took my hcg level twice. It went up like it should. I had fading symptoms but still had them.
At 10 weeks, 5 days after my dad called and said they were putting my mom in hospice, I was to have my first u/s. I left my mom's side to go and before leaving I told her I would bring her back a picture of our baby, her second grandchild.
When I looked at the u/s screen it was heartbreaking. Gut wrenching, tear my heart out through my throat, pour acid into my eyes painful. The u/s screen was empty. Just empty- no sac, no anything. N.o.t.h.i.n.g. The doctor thought that I had gotten my dates wrong- in fact he insisted I got my dates wrong. I knew better though. He further insisted that I get another hcg level done- it was over 27,000. My mom died November 7th. Three days later my numbers plummeted, the cramping began, and my miscarriage started. My world just fell apart, crumbled-- and I was helpless.
This is why I am guarded-- I have been here before. In this very place with similar symptoms and all.
My hcg number went from 43 to 140 in 48 hours.
My doctor scheduled my u/s in two weeks-- Nov. 7th 8:30 am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I understan why you are being very guarded about this. I hope the ultrasound goes well.
Wishing you quiet peace as the 7th approaches. Know you'll be in my heart and prayers. Email me if you need to vent. xoxo
Dear Grad3, I understand your guardedness perfectly, but I am quietly thrilled to hear your news, and wish you all the best.
I'm so sorry about that sad anniversary coming up. This year, may your appointment make that day one of hope, reassurance and joy.
Just stopping-by from L&F to let you know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers these coming weeks.
I also had the diagnosis of an abnormal Factor V gene after two first-trimester losses. I'm right there with you on being gaurded. Wishing you nothing by the very best outcome. *hugs*
Oh dear - I will be thinking of you from now until the 7th and beyond.
I am sending plenty of positive energy your way, in the hopes that your 11/7 this year will be the beginning of a string of many joyful appointments!
It makes perfect sense that you are feeling guarded at the moment. Know that I am thinking of you and praying for you, sweetie. LOTS OF ((HUGS))!!!
I'm so sorry for all your losses, including that of your mother. I will keep you in my prayers, especially the next few weeks.
wow, what an incredible roller coaster of emotions you must be feeling - hang on tight - we're all rooting for you and thinking of you as the 7th approaches.
I get it. And I'm going to be thinking of you from now until that day...praying that you'll have peace and strength.
I know how hard it is to hope after so many losses, but know that I am hoping this Nov. 7 turns out differently for you.
Hugs,
Rebecca
Obviously, the details of my story are different. But the feeling of emotional guardedness? I know it all too well.
Take care. I'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment