*** Pregnancy Mentioned***
I know I don't always forewarn people when I am going to talk about my pregnancy or pregnancy related things- sorry, I am trying to be better about it!
So my appt. on Friday was very uneventful (yay!) I got to see my ob and we spoke a little about what happened at the last appt. She measured my belly and said I was measuring 37w- which is good because I was 36w4d at the time.
I did end up doing a quick u/s because she couldn't tell if Lil' P's head was still down. It was and she said the placenta looked nice and healthy. She said that while I had extra fluid and a good size baby she was not worried about anything. She agreed to let me start the Herapin shots at the start of 38w (boo for 2 shots a day!). However, I did have the ever so humbling experience of the Group B Strep test. It brought back all the warm fuzzy feelings of the RE's office, who knew how much I missed dropping my pants!
She did offer to "check me" but I declined- I told her it would just make me more anxious. Quite frankly I don't want to worry about something happening until I have everything at work wrapped up. Better to get a surprise if Lil' P decides to show early!
She did say that she was impressed at how well my body was handling the pregnancy. She said I have had very little swelling, the appropriate weight gain, and only slight bruising from the Lovenox shots. It sounds so vain- but it made me feel good (as if I have something to do with it)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! Congrats on another great appointment! Almost there. :)
Congrats on a good appt. And yes, you have the right to be totally proud of the way your body has handled the pregnancy...you might not think you had anything to do with it, but really, you did. You have battled a lot of struggles and your body is finally showing off all the hard work you put in, so enjoy:)
YAY! I'm glad to hear that things went well at your appointment and Lil' P is right on target. :) And congrats on having a body that kicks pregnancy's butt! I think there is something to be proud of in that! :)
HUGS!
Post a Comment