Monday, December 17, 2007

Then And Now

***pregnancy mentioned***

Mr. Dr. Perinatologist man said on Friday that everything looks great! We have a normal healthy pregnancy- can you believe it?! I have been enjoying the excitement of hearing that news all weekend so in celebration I am going to share then and now pictures :)

Here is baby then (6w5d)... see the little speck in there? You can actually see a heartbeat in the picture! And Lil' P fits inside this whole picture but...
Here is Lil' P now (19w3d)... weighing in at 11oz. and can no longer fit completely inside the frame!

Due to all the medications I am on Mr. Dr. Peri said that we can come back at 32 weeks to check out the blood flow but there is no reason to worry at this point. The placenta is now placed about 1 in. above the opening of the cervix and no longer considered "low lying". During the appointment I turned to L and asked if he was sure that he didn't want to find out the sex of the baby. He looked at me and said, "Do you want it as your Christmas present?" And I said....

Wait for it...


"It's up to you."


Of course I was thinking yes!!! But I also know that this is really important to L and we had an agreement. So we didn't find out. It's still a surprise... wish we knew but still glad we don't. Just going to bask in the glow of this healthy baby for a while. Lil' P has been texting more lately although mostly when I am laying down.

One cool thing that we learned was that she (don't get excited when not using the name Lil' P I will use 'he' and 'she' interchangeably) has a full upper lip. Why is this worth noting you are wondering? Well I don't blame you asking, her lips are shaped like my husbands :) It's like Lil' P really does have our characteristics already. I know... 'duh!' but it's just still so amazing to me- we have actually managed to create another human being. Crazy cool...

I will now get off the cheese wagon for the day :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can ride the cheese wagon all the way to delivery! It's your baby and you can bask in your glory for a while - you deserve it! :) S/he is cuuute from that profile picture! I'm excited for you!

JJ said...

OOo a baby-surprise! SO glad its all going very well!

E. Phantzi said...

wonderful! Yay!

Shakira said...

I love the cheese wagon. I was on it forever...remember. So thrilled to hear your news. It even got a "cool"(during sports center) from hubby when I told him. So you know he's thrilled. He might even do a shimmy for you. Miss you guys a bunch.
Love,
S

niobe said...

I really admire your self-restraint in not finding out the sex. Because I'm one of those people who always reads the end of a book first.

RBandRC said...

I'm late to this post, but WOW! Lil' P looks great! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! HUGS!