Friday, December 14, 2007

Favorite Questions

Throughout my educational experience there were always questions that I found intriguing. Now some of the questions were and are lame but I think that it still tells a lot about who the person is.

1) "If you had to describe yourself as a drink what would it be a why?"

For me the answer was and remains Hot Chocolate. It comes in many different flavors like white chocolate, peppermint, mocha chocolate, and of course classic. You can add things to it too. For a little pick me up after a long day, add a shot of Amaretto (yum!) Feeling a little silly or happy? Sprinkle some marshmallows on top! Hot chocolate to me is something comforting that you can just sit with at the end of a long day- and just enjoy the silence. Or it can help perpetuate a silly mood. Perhaps you are feeling like a girl chat? I like to think that I can provide what the situation calls for- be it comfort, silliness, or relaxation.

2) "Can you remember a time when you were little and lost? Tell me about how you reacted and what you did?"

Personally, I can't remember a time when I was little and lost. However, putting myself in the mind fame of a 6 year old this is what I was able to up with. I would likely freak out and start walking through the store yelling for my mom. If that didn't work, I would go back to where I started because I would hope that my mom would look for me in the last place she saw me. Also, I remember my parents telling me that if you stay still in one place you are easier to find.

What I learned after answering the question was that it tells you how a person problem solves. It describes me perfectly. I go searching for immediate information and answers. If I try something and didn't get the result I wanted or was looking for, I go back to the start and hope that my answer comes to me.

In an effort to learn more about you, my readers and fellow bloggers, I ask that you please answer one or both of the above questions. If you have never posted here, or rarely post, please respond as I would love to hear about you for a change!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2) "Can you remember a time when you were little and lost? Tell me about how you reacted and what you did?"

I think I was about 5 or 6 (maybe not even that old) and we were at a Denny's restaurant in Denver (it's as clear as if it happened yesterday). I was there eating with my parents and maybe 6 other family members - a big group of us. We were almost done eating, and our table was fairly close to the women's restroom, so my mom told me just to go and she'd watch for me. So I get to the door and it's heaaavy. I manage to push with my whole little body to get it open. It's a one stall restroom, so there weren't people coming and going. I use the restroom, and then try to leave. The door is totally stuck. I panic. I was trying to turn the knob and pull and it wouldn't budge. I start crying and still try to turn the knob and pull. Finally this lady and little girl come and push the door open for me, and I RAN out. No one was at the table. I look outside and my whole family is already at the car! My mom was like "oh we thought you were waiting at the car". My mom is normally not that spacey and I remember thinking "mom, I'm 5, you should be looking for me!"

So that's probably pretty accurate to how I respond to bad situations. I panic, I start crying, then I keep doing what I was doing and expecting different results. I should have pounded on the door, and kicked and screamed, drawn attention to the problem. But I was just trying to do it my way. My way doesn't always work.