Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm Coming Out and Introducing Lil' P

***pregnancy mentioned***

"I want the world to know, got to let it show"- Dianna Ross

Basically, since Thanksgiving I have been coming out to people about my pregnancy. I finally told my extended family and I openly admitted that I was pregnant to two co-workers, without anyone else outing me first. I have also accepted a handful of congratulations gracefully- without poo-pooing them.

I have been starting to show since Thanksgiving so it's been getting more difficult to hide it. Although, I believe that I am doing a pretty good job- at hiding it and being more comfortable with it. Although, truth be told, I don't really have to "hide" it anymore as it's getting cold here- that means thicker heavier clothes. I used to be very mindful of never putting my hand on my belly or rubbing it. Now, I allow myself to not only do this at home, but when I am out in public- but only if there isn't anyone I know around. I promise, I am working on it!

Several weeks ago, Leah from My Dusty Ovaries, pointed out that I was 14 weeks pregnant. I was impressed that she knew how far along I was- it was the fact that she knew at all. I have made a point to never mention how far along I am for two reasons. 1) I was and still am feeling a little superstitious. 2) When going through all of my pregnancies and other people would mention that they were pregnant, I could figure out how far ahead or behind me they were. Therefore, every time I miscarried and I read that persons blog or information, I knew how far long I should be. It made it difficult for me keep up with them and well... it was just painful. So I tried to not bestow that information to others who may be reading.

With all that being said, I have decided to come to you, my fellow bloggers and readers. Not because I want to be vengeful, but because I feel like it's time to start celebrating this pregnancy a little more. When I tell people, I have found that my excitement grows a little bit, as well as my anxiety, but I am choosing to focus more on the excitement part. So here it goes... I am 18-1/2 weeks pregnant. There, I said it. And for the first time here, I am willing to gracefully accept congratulations, if they are offered.

Also, I have decided to name the baby Perseverance, or Lil' P. I do believe that this baby is here because of the perseverance of L and I. We lost faith many times, almost gave up several times, and always questioned what we were doing every time we started a new cycle. We thought surely our family thinks we are crazy- but somehow my instinct always said I was meant to be a mom. I had a very vivid dream once where I was pregnant and could feel the baby move- so I tried to remember that during all my questioning and doubting. So we continued down this insane road by choice- and here we are.

So today I am coming out and introducing Lil' P to you. I also felt Lil' P move the other day- so that was very strange and very cool. Although, he has sent no emails or texts to me lately I am told that is not unusual. I hope that he texts again soon :)

6 comments:

JJ said...

Glad to meetcha Lil P!
You DO deserve to let it show--have fun sharing your happy news!

Sherry said...

OH Sweetie - my heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS!

Here's to 22 or so more weeks of un-eventfulness, and the homecoming of sweet lil' P!

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

A very big congrats to you! I am 13 weeks 3 day today, and it has been very hard for me to relax too and enjoy the gift I have been given.

Here is to a happy and healthy rest-of-your-pregnancy! And, to bringing home Lil'P in about 20 or so weeks!

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I understand where you were coming from with the lack of sharing. I've been on the side of i-would-be-that-far-too. But I am so super excited that you're where you are now and that you're celebrating and sharing!

Yay Lil P!!!

RBandRC said...

AAAHHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been waiting so long to say that to you! Sorry I'm late on this, I've been a bit tired lately. :)

Glad that things are going well! You SO deserve it. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, very exciting. A very big CONGRATULATIONS!