Next week is our "big" u/s. I will be 19 weeks.
I don't know why but I am freaked out. I am terrified that we will go in and they'll say, "Sorry, no heartbeat." So irrational.
But I know that it happens. Who's to say it won't happen to me?
I swear I have felt some movement which leads back to the irrational thought process. However, feelings are rarely ever about being rational. So it's just this big, ugly, irrational, circular motion.
I am still on the fence about finding out the the sex (assuming the above does not happen). I love, love, love the excitement that comes from not knowing. I also love the fact that not knowing drives other people crazy :) Plus, L would prefer to not find out.
But I also would really like to get some clothes ready as I discovered with LP, I like the pink or blue clothes as opposed to the yellow and green. If this is another boy he will be in a completely different season from LP so there will be no sharing clothes early on.
L and I are also having trouble around names- mostly boy names. I have had two dreams where we had another little boy and L was unhappy with what I named him- in real life and the dream. L is just not crazy about it.
I think that there is something to it because it was the same name in both dreams and the name itself was never previously discussed. I won't tell you the name just because I don't want to upset anyone- plus I am trying to keep it on the "list" because I really like it.
However, I would like your impute- finding out, yes or no? Discuss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ooo i wouldn't find out. :) i found out with my first and when i got pregnant the 2nd time (m/c later) i didn't want to find out ;) and if i ever get pg again i dont' want to. so much more fun to keep me hopefully distracted?
Ya know, I said the entire time with B that I wanted to know. I was like you, preferring blues and pinks over neutrals...and I never thought about just waiting. But now, having found out the first time, I might be tempted to wait if there's ever a second time, just for fun. Who knows though...
As far as names...if it's a girl, I think Courtney is a beautiful choice:-) hehe
I vote for finding out, mainly because I hate not knowin things and it would drive me nuts! Plus I like to plan and be mentally prepared. Oh and there's the fact that G insists on finding out. He asked the midwife if she could tell what this one was. I was like, "hello??? We can barely see a heartbeat on this stupid blurry screen!!!" ugh, men. ;)
Good luck with your appointment and your decision! ((hugs))
Post a Comment