Thursday, July 16, 2009

Outed

Sad as it is I woke up at 6am thinking, "Should I out myself today? I said I would if I made it this far."

So there it is. I outed myself due to our lovely little heartbeat on Monday.

I was surprised by the relief it brought. I enjoyed not hiding my belly anymore, trying not to hold LP a certain way or at all when around others, or doing that unconcious belly rub. I actually started to enjoy my current state.

Of course once I started telling people and emailing a few I was sure that I had jinxed the pregnancy and that it was all over. (Sigh)... then I gave myself a quick mental slap and remembered to keep it together.

It's too late. The information is out there in the public. It still makes me nervous when I think about it but... I am pregnant. And if, Heaven forbid, I lose this pregnancy I will want all the support I can get.

The hardest was emailing two IRL friends who are struggling with fertility issues. On one level I realize that I have struggled so it's not like I am "one of those people"-- but we all know it can be just as hurtful and painful. One I emailed out of necessity due to distance. The other I see on occassion due to work and explained I wanted her to be able to have any first reaction she wanted without feeling like she was being judged.

It's really hard to tell people in a gentle way and I did feel a little guilty while typing. I guess that's par for the course though.

2 comments:

Dan & Hillary said...

You're almost at the 2nd trimester! Yeah!! Now you need a 'ticker' so your followers can keep track;-)

It is not easy dealing with being an IF'er and then getting pregnant (and staying pregnant)... there is always guilt. Others will understand because someday it will be their turn, too...

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I am so, so happy for you! I can't wait to hear more as you get farther along!!