Really.
That's my biggest questions right now.
How do the normal people tell others they are pregnant? With such ease? Happiness? Joy?
How do they just blurt out, "I'M PREGNANT!!!" Then float about the room smiling ear- to- ear?
The simple, easy answer is ignorance. They just don't know better.
Which is why they are normal and I am not.
Clearly, I am showing and working very hard to hide it. However, people are raising their eyebrows. I can see the question written all over their silent face.
(You know I actually went out and purchased two maternity items last week?? Big moment I know! )
I need to start telling people, I go in for a 13-week heartbeat check on Monday. If all goes well, I told myself that I would start telling people.
It just freaks me out a little. Okay, maybe more than a little.
More like a few notches below panic but a hefty upgrade from "Oh, sweet Lord..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
they tell everyone they see in person and e-mail everyone else some photo of another child wearing a big sister t-shirt. that was my latest blow to the face. then when you talk to them they ignore everything you say unless it's about them and their pregnancy. ah to be normal...
I'm not sure why, but I dread the idea of telling people. I think it's mostly because I'm afraid that if I do I will lose the baby immediately following the announcement. It's definitely not a rational way to approach it, but I'm with you, the whole idea is SCARY!!! ((hugs))
I hear you... I think I'd feel the same way and I walked along a pretty "normal" pregnancy path with B. Hoping for a great heartbeat check!
And, um, I need a Lil' P fix sometime. :)
You could do what I tried... tell them you're getting lazy and fat and surprise them in 6 months with a great birth announcement;-)
Like you, we didn't 'announce' anything this time, with exception of close friends due to the possibility of need of termination, and the urgent need for desprite prayer.
Now, when others see my belly and ask, I tell them our due date but say we've had a lot of m/c's and most people are understanding why we didn't shout it to the world.
I'm so excited for you!
I waited until after 12 weeks, but then found that I wanted to wait some more ... it's like the act of having kept the secret made it more sacred. I only told people when I felt I really didn't have any choice, and of course, THE DAY AFTER I made the announcement, I "popped" like all get-out.
-- J
I often wonder how normal people experience pregnancy and make those announcements. I've had to tell my boss at work to explain my frequent dr. appts and potentially missing work if things don't go well. I hope your next appt goes well and the telling brings some joy. I know it will!!:)
I would love to know how the normals do it.... But I am so happy for you hon. Glad to hear things are going well. I dread telling people this news. Just don't tell them! Wait til your like 9 months and just have everyone wonder like we do with celebrities
"I can neither confirm or deny... " =)
Are you kidding, I still felt odd dealing with comments of me being pg. at 8 and 9mths! Seriously!
I'm so excited for you, though. If you don't wanna tell ppl after the 13wk mark, you don't have to. If they notice, fine. But it's your choice and whatever you're comfortable with.
I don't know how the normals do it either. With Liam, I didn't tell most friends or any of the people at work until I absolutely had to -- at 23 weeks! I wanted to wait until after the anatomy scan, and then it was the Christmas break, and then it just seemed silly to tell because it was so far along.
Good thing I was a size 12 before I got pregnant and already wearing elastic waistbands or they would have figured it out. Even though it was my 4th pregnancy, it was only the 2nd to make it past 8 weeks, so although "they" say you show much faster the 2nd time, it wasn't that way for me.
Anyway, I didn't even really "tell" people, I just started wearing maternity clothes and fessing up when people gave me the hairy eye.
I'm so hopeful for you, I've got everything crossable crossed. xo
Post a Comment