Monday, March 03, 2008

Things To Appreciate


***Pregnancy Mentioned***

So during the journey to this pregnancy there were many times when I thought I should appreciate the things that I could do. So here was the list that I would try to focus on:

1. Sitting quietly on the couch working on my cross stitch.
2. Making my favorite lunch (in case you are wondering- it's a tuna sandwich with bread and butter pickles, chips, and a coke- hey, it's tasty to me!) and sitting down for the afternoon to read my new book because I was able to...
3. Hop in the car to go to Star.buck's, B.arnes & N.obel, or Tar.get anytime I wanted.
4. Having a phone conversation completely void of interruption.
5. Eating my chocolaty treat without having to hide or share it.

Since becoming pregnant, more large, and awkward I would like to make a list of things that were under appreciated while I was waiting to get here. Now please know that I wouldn't trade where I am for the world- I realize my gift. However, these are just several things that were undervalued when I had the opportunity to fully enjoy them...

6. Sleeping on my stomach.
7. Sleeping without having to get up and use the bathroom 3 times a night.
8. Having a dreamless, heavy sleep.
9. Being able to find a comfortable position to lay in and sleep in all night.
(Noticing a theme?)
10. Being able to have s*x with my husband and feeling attractive at the same time.
11. Being able to sit up using my stomach muscles.
12. Appreciating my body for what it was pre-pregnancy instead of complaining about it ('Cause the stretch marks and the fat around knees are starting to make me see it will never be the same, and really, was it so bad before?)
13. Being able to bend and cut my own toenails.
14. Being able to eat without having to worry about dropping something on my stomach.
15. Being able to cross my legs.

Do you have a list of things that you try to appreciate while waiting to finish your journey?

1 comment:

RBandRC said...

YES! Oddly enough, mine looks like yours, especially when it comes to sleep! I do miss being able to actually sleep without having bathroom and leg cramping issues. But if that is the worst of it all, I'll take it. :)

Thanks for the advice on my leg cramps. It makes sense about the lack of potassium and calcium (I'm just starting to like milk again), I just can't drink any more water. I go through a minimum of 72oz of water a day! I'm going to float away soon. :P

So glad that you are doing well and enjoying the little things. Sometimes it is so easy to lose sight of that. Cheers to you! HUGS!