***Pregnancy Mentioned***
Thanks for all the positive thoughts and well wishes. I have since calmed down and have been able to take a breath.
I spoke with the doula and she was able to give me some information and talk to me a little about my options and choices. She told me she had never heard of any one being concerned about having too much amniotic fluid- usually the concern is too little. However, she did send me some articles on amniotic fluid levels and giving birth to large babies. It had a lot of straight forward info in there so it was some good reading. It did discuss some concerns that could arise if certain things happend.
This has led me to think that maybe that was why the ob was avague with me. Since she is not my regular ob she dosen't know that not providing information is what causes my anxiety!!
L and I spoke about what the ob said and I shared the info from our doula. We are on the same page- if Lil' P is happy and healthy and he is not showing any sign of distress then there is no reason to change our course. If they recommend another u/s we will go to appease "the white coats". He reminded me of what our doula said- that sometimes we will have to pick our battles and there isn't a lot to lose by going in for another u/s if that's what they recommend.
I didn't mean to sound in my last post like I wouldn't want an induction no matter what. I just don't feel like having a large baby is a legitimate reason to induce- for me and my situation. Of course I would induce or have a c- section if he was showing signs of distress, I would say bring it on!!! It would then be a matter of which is going to have the fewest complications.
The good thing that has happend is out of this is that I have gotten a lot of "good" induction stories which was a nice change! I always hear about the bad ones (ever notice how everyone wants to tell you the horrible birth stories and not the good ones when you are pregnant??)!
Just wanted to give my most recent thoughts about the situation and tell everyone thanks for the input :) We will see what comes next week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you have a better idea of what the OB was talking about. Sounds like Lil' P is just taking up more than her fair share of living space in there! :)
So glad that you talked with your doula and everyone is on the same page. We are so similar, you and I. Please know that I'm always praying for you and Lil' P. :) HUGS!
Hey -
Just wanted to tell you I'm still reading, and I'm so glad you have that doula on your side...
Take care of you and Lil'P!
Post a Comment