So we are now living in a FB age. If you don't know what FB stand for then you have been living under a rock- nothing personal.
What makes FB great is that it allows you to keep up with people using minimal effort. There are, of course, good things and bad things about this but, overall, it works for me. No awkward phone calls to that relative you see every 5 years??? Yes!
It allows me to be nosy about people who I am just curious about- I usually just want to check out their pictures.
A while ago someone who I didn't really have a desire to be "friends" with (due to an unpleasant history- you know, all the high school drama) friend requested me. After two weeks I added her and decided to let bygones be bygones. Ignoring it seemed too mean and it was too far back to really hold a grudge.
So here is my question- what's your protocol when someone sends a friend request who you don't know, don't recognize their name, or worst of all, someone you don't really want to be friends with?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
If it's someone random - like a friend of a friend take it or leave it type thing, I'll ignore them. BUT if it's someone who annoys me or I have a history with who I don't want to be friends with I do nothing, I just let it sit out there as a pending friend request - because they can only have one friend request to me at a time so I don't continually get new friend requests from the same person who can't take a freaking hint. :)
I agree with the other poster... press 'ignore' if it's someone that is too removed to really care about. Otherwise, I leave it as 'pending'. Weird world we live in, I know!!
How many weeks are you now?
I ignore it. I don't feel comfortable not knowing who is on my list. Now if it's another blogger that I know but don't know and they send me an email that's different, but I've gotten quite good at pressing that ignore button! ;)
If it's someone I'm sure I don't know who they are, I just hit ignore. There have been one or two people who I've sent a reply to and just flat out asked, "Hi, I'm so sorry I don't recognize your picture and I'm guessing your name has changed. Did we go to school together?" Of course, the name change comment works better for women than men. :-)
I've also had one old friend with an unpleasant high school drama history like you mentioned "friend" me. I did the same thing you did and eventually added her, and it's been fine.
Is it bad that I just leave it there til it disappears?! I don't know why I don't just ignore it, but I don't!
Hey! I nominated you for an award over on my blog. :) Stop by when you get a chance!
hey!!! long time. im on FB find me Torri beaudette landolfi. I want to be your friend :) Starting again...IVF underway, blogging again...memories!
Post a Comment