Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What You Don't Know

So straight to what you really want to know...

In five days my betas went from 66 to 375. The doubling rate slowed from the 48- hour draw by 8 hours (you can thank betabase.com)... of course it also told me that I am average for my age range.

I know that I am being nit-picky. You would be too. Admit it!!

Treatment should be by the end of the week. I am going to talk to the nurse tomorrow.

My ob wants me to come in for another lab on Friday so that she can figure out what she is looking for in the u/s. Originally, it was scheduled for next Tuesday but I know it will be too early to see anything (I've concluded that I was 11dpo when I took the pregnancy test) and L will be out of town until Thursday.

Then we leave for the beach Saturday with L's family. So I think that we are going to wait until the week of the 15th. We should see something definitive by then.

I know that it seems forever (and it is) but I don't want to be worried or sad over vacation and waiting another week isn't going to change the outcome of this pregnancy. So I am going to go with "what you don't know won't hurt you."

At least in this situation.

I hope.

7 comments:

Heather said...

My thoughts are with you. Hope all is well.

Dan & Hillary said...

Praying, hoping, and praying again for a healthy, sticky Baby #2. Times like these you really could use a drink!

RBandRC said...

thinking of you sweetie and praying for the best. ((hugs))

Melis.sa said...

Keeping you in my thoughts.

C said...

You're def. in my prayers and I hope you have a wonderful vaca. ((hugs))

Mrs.Joyner said...

How are things going? I hope all is well..your in my hopes & prayers!!

amylynn said...

Aaackk!!! I leave for a week and you get knocked up!! This is exciting news about the treatment. My thoughts and prayers are with you