Thursday, June 15, 2006

Huh..... Injectables and playing the odds

I hate reading information on the miscarriages sometimes.... "there is only a 6% chance that a women will miscarry a second time." Great.... another area where I am outside the average. Please don't get me started on the books and chapters that say "How to Prevent a Misacarriage" All I can think is, if they were preventable wouldn't all of them be prevented?!

On the other hand... "there is a 78% chance of pregancy using injectables... 86% chance by the 3rd month..." That's better! Let's play and pray for the 'right' percentages...

It occurred to me today that if/when I have to use injectables to become pg that my husband and I will be out of town for the posible second round. Do you think my mother-in-law would be upset if I placed my fertility drugs in the vegtable drawer?

Also, if my husband is out of town, who will give me ths shots if they are intramuscular? Any takers?

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

LOL...I was actually about to type the word "relax" and then I caught myself. As a fellow fertility challenged person ;) I know that is the WORST word in the dictionary. Anyway, I meant it about the shots not about the whole thing...but I stopped myself. Sorry for even thinking it. All this to say that there are drugs available now that can all be given as sub-q and they aren't painful at all. Depends on what the doctor would prescribe....

Grad3 said...

lol.... I STILL think the same thing! I usually don't stress too much about it but it's something I was thinking about.

Thanks for reminding me there are some things out of my control as well as IN my control... :)