Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's All Downhill

Or at least that's what I hear people say... who are these "people" anyway???

I digress and make jokes when I am nervous or anxious as you can plainly see above.

Why? Because Induction Day has come, well actually, the Eve Before Induction has come (even though by the time you read this I will have been at the hospital since 6am.)

I am a bundle of emotions right now.

This might be my baby's birthday! Well, let's at least hope so.

I cried after dropping LP off at Mothers Morning Out. I am going to miss my snuggle time with him, eating breakfast with him, constantly having to read books to him... Alright, I have to stop- I am tearing up again. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not as if I am never going to see him again. It's just going to be different. Different is okay. Sigh...

Okay, on to some highlights for the day!

-I have called a few friends and L and excitedly told them that I had lost small pieces of my mucus plug. Gross, but if you can't tell your closest mom friends and husband who can you tell?

-I am also feeling a bit like a princess because I saved some money to get a mani/pedi today AND L and I got our Christmas present to each other today...

-Our house professionally cleaned! They did a pretty good job and were worth the money :) They cleaned everything, including all the baseboards and window sills.

-I also picked up some yellow roses today in memory of mom. I would like to take them with me tomorrow morning but don't see how that's really practical.

-I got to bake my chocolate chip cookies.

I am hoping that all goes well tomorrow. I am accepting any good vibes and well wishes that are offered so please don't hesitate!

I keep thinking about why I am anxious and nervous.

I am hoping that I can do this. That I can have a labor that I don't hate- or regret. That I can be a *good* mom to two kids. That I can still be a good wife. That I can still be a good employee. That I can still like who I am at the end of most days. I hope that on the days when I fall short that I will be gentle and forgiving of myself.

It all sounds so simple and yet, it's such a tall order.

I am nervous about going to sleep because then it will be tomorrow. And it's all downhill from there. (Sigh...) Good thing I got some Ty.lenol PM.

I will do my best to post as soon as I can on how everything went. Thank you all for the continuous love you have shown!

8 comments:

Melis.sa said...

I hope that everything goes smoothly and quickly and that you're holding your little bundle very soon!!

Laura said...

Yay! You sound so positive and upbeat and excited! Praying for you today! Take care!

Anonymous said...

hoping and praying all goes well. :)

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hope everything was perfect! I can't wait to "meet" your peanut! :)

C said...

Hope it all went well!!! and you are doing okay!

((hugs))

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Hope all went well!! Thinking of you girl!

Mrs.Joyner said...

How did I miss this!?!? How exciting..You must update..How did it all go? You sound so excited..Can wait to see the new babe!!