Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Regrouping

Feeling slightly better.

Slightly.

Due to some cuts we have a whole $22.00 left over every month right now. It's a start. I am hoping to keep finding more cuts to make.

The contract work continues to be super slow- I am hoping I can make half of what I did last year- and to somehow come up with a November check.

I sent out a couple of emails asking for people to keep their ears open for jobs that I might be able to do. So far I have gotten a small filing project that will take about 10 hours and my sister is in need of a sitter for two days this month. It's something and I am grateful.

Also, another friend has found a possible opening for me. It's only 4-5 hours a week but simple enough that I could keep it if my contract work picked back up and would still work when new baby arrives. I would have to be present on Sunday mornings, it's for a church nursery, making me unable to attend church with my own family. I have an interview on Thursday morning so please wish me luck.

On the baby front...

Things seem to be quiet so far. During my monthly appointments my dr has found super small traces of sugar or protein- and sometimes nothing. She is not concerned right now but keeping an eye on me. My my yak test (aka glucose test) is set for mid- month. Why can't they just let you eat a Snickers with your favorite soda?

Baby continues to hit my bladder often enough where I am considering investing in D.epends.

I am starting to get more excited about his or her arrival. There are times I feel like this pregnancy is lasting forever coupled with moments of disbelief that I am approaching my 3rd trimester.

I have tried to focus on the fun things with this pregnancy as it may be our last. Which makes me sad and yet, feeling like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. The light being I can put the RPL anxiety officially behind me. Forever. Strange after you have been living with it for so long.

I am in need of some advice from those of you who have had winter babies--- being in the South things rarely stay cold for long but... what things we should have around for immediate use and what we should locate shortly after birth. Were there clothing items you found helpful? Or were there items you could have lived without?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time is flying! Praying for you to find a little work, I know how stressful the budget is.

B was born at the end of winter... March 4, but it was still cold here and it snowed a few times in March. We just had lots of fleece blankets and he was always wrapped up when he was a newborn. When we went somewhere, he just got a warm blanket over his lap/chest, a hat and mittens on if it was really cold, and then a heavier blanket over the whole car seat to keep the wind out (although those Bundle Me things work well too I think). Good luck!

Anonymous said...

No advice on winter babies as Lemy was a summer baby. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you sweetie! ((hugs))