I pulled out some old albums this weekend, picture albums that is. I was looking through them and thinking, "What do I do with these pictures?"
Some of them were from high school (not a lot of fond memories there). Including some of my first, true, real boyfriend. Others were from college years with drinking and smoking going on (I had a really good time my first semester of college!)
It brought back a flood of memories, and feelings, that were not all good. Yet, these experiences made me who I am. Keeping them doesn't feel any better than throwing them away.
What's been your experience?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have a lot of pics from my past, both good and bad memories...there are some I keep thinking I need to throw away, but I just can't bring myself to do so. But, are they something I'd want to have to explain to my child years from now? eh...
Yeah, no solutions, just sympathizing.
I've thrown a lot of things away, mainly to symbolize moving on. I hate the idea of keeping something to remind me. There are things I don't want to be reminded of for a specific reason, you know? I try not to torture myself if it all possible. :)
I like to say that there are some things that I keep to forget people by....
I'd take the pictures that were good memories and scan them into your computer and make a digital photo album (on Snapfish, etc). Throw everything else away:-) (That's what I did with the album my MIL gave me. Too old/musty for me to keep around- but don't tell her;-)
Post a Comment