I annoy myself when I do this yet I can't seem to stop...
why, when people become parents, do they refer to themselves in the 3rd person- and it's acceptable?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Achieved with tears, faith, hope, pure love, and a lot of medication.
2 comments:
Just wait until you catch yourself referring to your husband as daddy! The first time I did I kinda threw up in my mouth a little bit.
It drives me batty when people do this too (including my husband and the babysitter). At the beginning, however, there is a reason for it. Until children can figure out exactly who is who in their lives, it's helpful to refer to yourself as "Mommy" so they can realize that's you. The problem is that it becomes a habit and you keep on doing it when they're 2 and 3 and 4. But for now, go for it!
Post a Comment