Monday, February 04, 2008

Huh

***pregnancy mentioned***

It was a nice afternoon, about 60 degrees outside so there was no need for a jacket.

As I was walking into Moe's for lunch (I got the Ruprict incase you are wondering) I opened the door and, quite suddenly, me and my belly felt very exposed... very vunerable. I tried to put my hand over my growing belly to try and conceal it (but that was like trying to cover up the huge pimple that was in the middle of my forehead before the 8th grade dance- impossible).

I think that it's odd that I still feel anxious when others might realize I am pregnant and ask questions. That there are still times, even at 27 weeks, when I still feel the need and urge to hide my pregnancy.

2 comments:

C said...

I'm sorry you're still feeling like you need to hide your beautiful belly. But I'm guessing that after dealing with the hurt and emotional times of IF, it's natural to be hesitant...hesitant to enjoy the gift you've been give, hesitant to who it might affect and how, along with all kinds of other emotions.

That being said, I am totally happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful week.

RBandRC said...

I can understand where you are coming from. Though I'm at 16 weeks and showing, I'm not comfortable answering questions regarding my pregnancy or anything like that. I can talk about it with family and friends, but it feels strange when outsiders ask about it.

I almost want to cover up and be like "Pregnant? What are you talking about?" I think it has to do with my nervousness about everything. Talking about it out loud makes me vulnerable.